Setup menu in Salesforce.
It is located at top side of the salesforce Org.
It provides access to various options/tools to manage the salesforce Org, customize and develop application.
Navigation -> Click on Setup link at the top right.
There are 6 different sections under setup with various links grouped under every section to achieve specific need.
Sections are as follows
-The Administration Setup page lists optional tasks for setting up and customizing your Salesforce organization
– page lists options to customize, develope and manage applications.
eg., visualforce page -> to access list of VF pages stored in force.com database for paricular org.
– used to access links to deploy customization from one org to another
– to monitor the time dependent workflow processes, status of outbound messages etc.,
– to schedule jobs
– Used to debug the codes and processes
Administer -> Company Profile
Important fields to be noted under company profile
Default Language – This setting is applicable for all users registered in the particular salesforce org. Users will see the every interfaces and help informations in this language settings.
– In all editions except Personal Edition and Database.com, individual users can separately set the language for their own login, which will override the organization setting.
– In Group Edition, this field is called Display Language.
Default Locale – This setting determines the format of dates, times, and names in Salesforce.
Default Time Zone – Primary time zone in which the organization is located. A user’s individual Time Zone setting overrides the organization’s Default Time Zone setting.
Currency Locale – The country or geographic region in which the organization is located. The setting affects the format of currency amounts. For single currency organizations only.
Salesforce Organization ID : Unique indentifier for every Salesforce Organization. Used to interact with Salesforce Support.
Administer -> Company Profile -> Fiscal Year
This is used to define the financial period of a company.
Based on which various reports, forecasting (predicting the trend based on past and present data) and quotas.
Two types of Fiscal Year Setting:
1. Standard Fiscal Year (based on gregorian (12 months period) calendar. We can also change the fiscal year start month, for example, for the fiscal year starting in April, the standard fiscal year is used. Standard fiscal years can start on the first day of any month.
Navigate to Setup | Administer | Company Profile | Fiscal Year.
i. Select the option of Standard Fiscal Year.
ii. Select the start month for the fiscal year.
Custom Fiscal Year
Complex fiscal year structures can be achieved using the custom fiscal year option.
Note: Enabling custom fiscal years is not reversible. After enabling custom fiscal years, you cannot revert to standard fiscal years.
Administer -> Company Profile – Business Hours
Specify the hours when your support team is available to serve customers. This helps make your department’s processes, such as escalations and milestones, more accurate.
Chatter – Use Chatter features like feeds, profiles, groups, and more to share information, collaborate, and keep up with the latest updates in your company.
What we can do using chatter?
– Make a post that’s shared with people who follow you, or comment on someone else’s post.
– Like posts or comments to show your support.
– Share a post to your profile or to a group, or send a link to the post to other Chatter users in an email or instant message.
– View, filter, and sort your feed on the left side to view posts from people and records you follow and groups you’re a member of, posts that mention you, posts you bookmarked, or all posts from your company.
– Search the feed to quickly find information in the feed posts and comments on the Chatter tab.
– Bookmark a post to keep track of future comments on the post, or to remember to follow up on the post later.
and many more…..